Sunday, January 1, 2017

Theres just no getting over you.
I have to accept that.
I had "loves" before you.  Zach. Brock. Pete.
And after each of them, I left. Knowing they'd always have a piece of my heart.  That love doesn't diminish, only expands the heart to make room for bigger better love.
With you, it isn't this way.
You're just there. Stuck. like a thorn, deeply inbedded. And nothing and no one else will do.
You're a constant.  The baseline for which all emotion, feeling, thought, reaction and living is based on.
This thing happens and its, "What would Chris say to me now?'
"How would Chris react to this happening"
"What advice or lack thereof would he offer me now?"

He's not in my life anymore.  But when this person dies, how would he have held me, or held space for me?
Because I remember when that person died, this was how I held him. Held space for him to grieve in whatever way he needed. I held it.  Beyond my comfort zone.  I held it beyond my own feelings.  This person who is important to him died. I am not human, but have learned how to human. Hug him. Do not let him go.  Let him know you are there, even if you don't know how to be. Its important.  You don't know what you are doing but this is what a loved one does.  You hold him fast. And he let you go sooner than you expected.

Hes not in my life anymore, but when our puppy is injured, I want to run to him, and ask, What do we do? What is the right course?

Thats my heart asking. Because I know my brain will always have the answer. Has always had to have the answer, because he was never there.  He wasnt there when she was paralyzed. He is not there now when she is having a relapse in mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment